Java Engineer – REST API Specialist
Lloyds Banking GroupEmployer of the Week
Lloyds banking Group is on the mission to build the bank of the future, and
we need your help do it. Continuing our extensive transformation programme,
we're redefining what a bank is from the inside out. Our technology, our
culture, and our mind-set is changing to craft a true engineering-led
An excellent opportunity has arisen to join us as a Lead Engineer in the
Lloyd’s Banking Group Customer Contacts lab. Primarily working with
the Group’s Say Anything (SA) system you'll sit within a niche,
predominantly Java REST micro service, focused team who are important to the
provision of a 24*7 IVR system that serves all of the customers across
different brands and business units.
Become part of our diverse team, and you'll experience a rare chance to
create a difference to the lives of millions through our brands like
Halifax, Bank of Scotland, Lloyds, and Scottish Widows (among others).
What you'll do
We believe that people don't fit accurately into roles, and we value
everyone's individual skills, experience, and knowledge — it's what
makes you awesome!
What follows is what you might find our Team Lead Engineers mostly doing,
but your experience will flex depending on the team's needs, and your own
aspirations. Our objective is to grow and build an environment where you can
do what you enjoy.
* You'll be responsible for the migration of SA from a traditional SOAP
service installed on single server instances into a distributed REST based
micro service API. While the API is being migrated you'll also support the
maintenance of the current system with the passion to build a career and be
recognized as a domain guide.
* You'll think of the customer in everything you do.
* You'll bring fresh ideas to enable us to optimize the way in which we
work and achieve run cost reductions.
* You'll play a key part in Agile methodologies and bring value to the team
using industry standard tooling.
* You'll establish effective working relationships with other teams across
the lab, the Group and offshore partners with a focus on delivering business
value through sound software engineering methods and principles.
* You'll gain exposure to other key lab API’s and develop a sound
understanding of the system landscape.
You'll Have a Background With
* Previous Engineering experience, leading a diverse portfolio of activity
with the ability to act independently and take the initiative whilst
thinking creatively to resolve challenges.
* Experience with JAVA web based API’s both SOAP and REST.
* Problem solving capabilities ideally gained from a relevant software
support / development environment.
* The capability to analysis and peer review solutions ensuring software
design is as robust, efficient and fit for purpose as possible.
* Ability to mentor peers to ensure the best practises and standards are
* Experience working with relational databases
Technically we'll need you to have...
* Strong core Java experience (Spring, Hibernate, JEE, Wire mock, Junit,
* SAST / DAST knowledge (Veracode)
* Oracle database exposure.
* GitHub source control knowledge
* Agile toolsets skills (Confluence/JIRA)
* DevOPs understanding (Jenkins, Kubernetes, Docker, Aqua scan, Nexus)
We deeply value diversity, and are proudly committed to being an equal
opportunity employer. If this is you, come and join our inclusive,
values-led culture focused on making a difference.
Together we'll make it possible...So what can we offer you in return?
Whatever your aspiration, you can also expect excellent benefits, personal
development and a career that’s enriching and full of opportunity.
You'll also receive a package that includes
* Discretionary bonus
* Cash sum of 4% which you can exchange for a variety of benefits or simply
take the cash
* Private Medical Insurance
* Generous pension contribution.
* Share plans
* 30 days holiday
Sound like you? Apply today, we’d love to hear from you...
PLEASE NOTE: We strongly recommend that you do not provide your bank account details when applying for a job. If you see a vacancy on Diversity Jobsite requesting bank account details please email email@example.com