Head Of Business Management Support
Government Internal Audit AgencyEmployer of the Week
Are you an experienced leader with excellent organisation skills and knowledge of service management? If so, we want to hear from you!
We have an exciting opportunity to be involved in the developing creation of a single central Government internal audit service. This is a rare chance to be part of a developing organisation and shape the service across Government within the Business Management Support team.
Our service delivery is brigaded under Operational Directors, who are responsible for a number of Departmental teams, led by Group Chief Internal Auditors (GCIAs).
Key accountabilities of this role will include:
• Leading the business management support service to a GIAA operational directorate, supporting the Operational Director in their oversight of the delivery of multiple audit programmes and delivery of corporate objectives
• As a member of the senior management team for the Operational Directorate, actively participate in the leadership and management of the Directorate.
• Management of a team of around 7 people, who are geographically distributed and have varied working patterns, setting and managing day to day priorities
• Ensuring that the key leadership forums are established and supported by appropriate secretariat arrangements.
• Developing and maintaining our business management support systems and processes, collaborating with key business users to ensure that all the audit delivery teams have adequate and suitable support.
• Developing and maintaining our management information processes, working with Corporate Services Directorate to make sure the senior team has the information it needs to manage the organisation and the audit delivery teams have the information they need to deliver to their customers.
• Working with the Corporate Services and Professional Practice Directorates to develop consistent ways of working across the Agency which help us improve our service offering and our offer to our people.
To succeed in this role you will need sound knowledge of budget management and an internal audit environment, along with excellent communicating and influencing skills and experience of leading a team to success. If this sounds like you please apply today!
We value all our employees and will offer you support in maintaining and building your professional career through technical training, coaching and development opportunities. In addition, you are entitled to a formidable range of benefits from a generous pension provision, embracing of flexible work patterns, diversity and security.
GIAA has a strong commitment to equality and diversity, and we are a Disability Confident employer. Our aim is to be a department which is open and accessible, recruiting and retaining diverse, talented and high-performing people who support and develop one another.
The Government Internal Audit Agency (GIAA) are an Executive Agency of HM Treasury and a specialist provider of internal audit and counter fraud and investigation services to central government.
• Competitive salaries and in-year rewards
• Flexible working
• Civil Service Pension
• Discount on big brands
• Volunteering days
• Season Ticket Loan and Cycle to Work Schemes
• Free eyesight tests
• Family-friendly HR policies
• 25 days’ annual leave increasing by one day per year of service to 30 days after 5 years’ service.
• Geographically based Agency
The law requires that selection for appointment to the Civil Service is on merit on the basis of fair and open competition as outlined in the Civil Service Commission's Recruitment Principles. If you feel your application has not been treated in accordance with the Recruitment Principles, and you wish to make a complaint, you should contact: GIAARecruitment@giaa.gov.uk in the first instance. If you are not satisfied with the response you receive from the Department, you can contact the Civil Service Commission.
PLEASE NOTE: We strongly recommend that you do not provide your bank account details when applying for a job. If you see a vacancy on Diversity Jobsite requesting bank account details please email email@example.com