UnltdJob of the Week
Are you curious about how we can improve the world for everyone and eager to develop new skills in finding out what works?
We are UnLtd, the Foundation for Social Entrepreneurs. Our mission is to find social entrepreneurs with bold solutions to today’s challenges. Through funding and support, we help them to realise their potential and creating lasting change.
We are becoming more ambitious and explicit about demonstrating the impact and effectiveness of our work and the work of social entrepreneurs. As a Researcher at UnLtd you will be responsible for a range of research and evaluation activity related to our Access to Employment impact area. You will spend some of your time collecting, analysing and interpreting data to produce evaluation reports for our funders. We are looking for an enthusiastic and creative team-player that understands what works in the real world, as well as possessing a curious and critical mind.
We actively encourage people from the BAME, LGTBQ+ and disabled communities to apply. We want to create a new generation of researchers that have lived experience of social issues. If there is any aspect of viewing this document that is not appropriate to your user needs, then please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and provide details to see what we can do.
Terms: Full time (part-time would be considered), 6 months fixed term with possibility of extension
Salary: Grade C (£25,417 to £29,902 per annum pro rata) + London weighting of £3,285 per annum pro rata if applicable
Location: Due to Covid-19, this is initially an agile role so you can be based anywhere in the UK. Once we start to re-open our offices for staff, you must be able to travel to an UnLtd office in England (Birmingham, Bradford, London), or a satellite office in Scotland or Northern Ireland with some travel across the UK
What we are looking for
- You have experience of conducting an evaluation or contributing to pieces of applied research, including running interviews, surveys, focus groups to collect data
- You are comfortable with quantitative and qualitative data
- You enjoy a challenge and are naturally interested in asking questions and learning from success and failure
- You have excellent inter-personal skills, good communication skills (written and verbal), and excellent IT skills
- You can manage multiple priorities and enjoy working in a flexible and adaptable way and within a changing environment
- You support our values (Brave, Inclusive and Accountable) and want to join UnLtd to help us help social entrepreneurs transform the world.
(Please see the Job Description for more information please email email@example.com or visit our website at www.unltd.org.uk).
Interested? Here’s how to apply
We need to know a bit about you, your experience and what you can bring to UnLtd.
A statement of interest will be asked for together with a current CV - Supporting statement should be (up to 2 pages) A4 max to say why you want the role and your suitability. To be submitted by 10.00am on Thursday 6th August 2020.
In your supporting statement we’d love you to tell us:
• About you – your skills, experience and personal qualities;
• Why you’re interested in the role & what you hope to get out of it;
• About a piece of relevant research that you’ve either been directly involved with or you feel strongly about, and what you have learnt from it.
The main thing is you can demonstrate you have skills and experience that relate to what we have said we are looking for.
We particularly welcome applications from disabled people, Black, Asian or Minority Ethnic (BAME) backgrounds, LGBTQIA and from different socio-economic and educational backgrounds.
To apply visit: https://recruitment.unltd.org.uk/
• Application Closing Date: Thursday 6th August 2020 at 10am
• First round of interviews: Thursday 13th August 2020
• Final interviews: Friday 21st August 2020
*If you have any questions about the role, then please contact Vaibhavi Patel (firstname.lastname@example.org).
*UnLtd is committed to offering employment opportunities for people with criminal convictions. As a result, we will only ask you about any criminal convictions at initial offer stage. Your information will be treated fairly and confidentially and will not automatically exclude you from the role that you have applied for.
Find out more about our generous range of employment benefits by clicking on the link below: https://www.unltd.org.uk/about-us/careers
PLEASE NOTE: We strongly recommend that you do not provide your bank account details when applying for a job. If you see a vacancy on Diversity Jobsite requesting bank account details please email email@example.com