UnltdJob of the Week
We are UnLtd, the Foundation for Social Entrepreneurs. Our mission is to find social entrepreneurs with bold solutions to today’s challenges. Through funding and support, we help them to realise their potential and creating lasting change.
We’re looking for a Portfolio Manager to join our investment team, working with an exciting portfolio of social enterprises across the UK. We are seeking a person who shares our belief that social investment coupled with strong post-investment support is a core tool to enable sustainable and enduring social impact. You will be a passionate and driven individual who believes in harbouring strong relationships with today’s most committed social entrepreneurs. You will have an interest in impact and financial analysis, social enterprise support and social investment. Fostering strong relationships and providing bespoke support will come naturally to you. Ideally, you will have an eye for detail and reviewing financial data, being able to provide an analysis of a business’ performance and detecting any areas of relevant support for your portfolio.
You are enthused by the mission of UnLtd are you have a particular focus on our areas of impact, most defined of which are ‘Access to Employment’ and ‘Solutions for an Ageing Society’. This is an exciting opportunity to join our team and contribute to the work of a leading investor of social enterprises.
- Experience and track record of working with early stage social ventures
- Experience and / or an understanding of social investment and the needs of the social ventures when it comes to taking on and delivering against plans after investment
- Ability to build strong relationships with a diverse range of individuals and organisations
- Understanding and experience of funding landscape and in advisory support to individuals and early stage ventures
- Experience of social impact reporting
- Experience of financial modelling
- Experience of managing diverse portfolio of clients
- Knowledge of the political, economic and legal context that social entrepreneurs work in
- Financial awareness with experience of managing budgets
- Good IT skills, especially MS Office, and can access and derive information
We are particularly keen to hear from those who identify as Black, Asian, or Minority Ethnic (BAME), LGBTQIA, those with a disability, impairment, learning difference, those with caring responsibilities, from a less advantaged socioeconomic background as well as any other under-represented group in our workforce.
If there is any aspect of viewing this document that is not appropriate to your user needs, then please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and provide details to see what we can do.
Terms: Full-time, fixed-term for 9 months
Reports To: Head of Investments
Salary Band: (£30,693 to £36,110 per annum pro rata) + London weighting of £3,285 per annum pro rata (if applicable)
Location: Due to Covid-19, this is initially an agile role so you can be based anywhere in the UK. Once we start to re-open our offices for staff, you are welcome to use one of the UnLtd office hubs in London, Bradford or Birmingham, or a satellite office in Scotland or Northern Ireland. We welcome applications from anywhere across the UK and are open to discuss flexible working, including working from home.
Location: Due to Covid-19, this is initially an agile role so you can be based anywhere in the UK. Once we start to re-open our offices for staff, you are welcome to use one of the UnLtd office hubs in London, Bradford or Birmingham, or a satellite office in Scotland or Northern Ireland. We welcome applications from anywhere across the UK and are open to discuss flexible working, including working from home. Please note as this role covers the UK some travel will be required.
(Please see the Job Description for more information please email email@example.com or visit our website at www.unltd.org.uk).
Interested? Here’s how to apply
We need to know a bit about you, your experience and what you can bring to UnLtd.
You can submit a CV + supporting statement (up to 2 pages). We’d love you to tell us:
• About you – your skills, experience and personal qualities;
• Why you’re interested in the role and what you hope to get out of it.
The main thing is you can demonstrate you have skills and experience that relate to what we have said we are looking for.
We particularly welcome applications from disabled people, Black, Asian or Minority Ethnic (BAME) backgrounds, LGBTQIA and from different socio-economic and educational backgrounds.
• Application Closing Date: Friday 30th of October 2020 at 10am
• First round of interviews: Thursday 5th of November 2020
• Final interviews: Monday 9th of November 2020
*UnLtd is committed to offering employment opportunities for people with criminal convictions. As a result, we will only ask you about any criminal convictions at initial offer stage. Your information will be treated fairly and confidentially and will not automatically exclude you from the role that you have applied for. Find out more about our generous range of employment benefits by clicking APPLY ONLINE above.
PLEASE NOTE: We strongly recommend that you do not provide your bank account details when applying for a job. If you see a vacancy on Diversity Jobsite requesting bank account details please email firstname.lastname@example.org