Equity, Diversity and Inclusion Committee
If you understand the importance of amplifying the voices of those who’ve not been heard - we’re listening. How would you like to be a key part of driving change for volunteering and charities? Do you have expertise, lived experience, knowledge and skills around equity, diversity and inclusion (EDI)? Are you someone with a good understanding of the value of diverse communities, or an EDI practitioner? Are you willing to bring your passion and interest to work with staff and trustees to steer our new approach?
In order to achieve the greatest possible impact for volunteering and charities, NCVO is transforming the way it works. We have a new strategy which is underpinned by refreshed values: collaborative, inclusive, open, and ambitious for charities and volunteering. Central to our new strategy is a determination to make NCVO a more equitable, diverse and inclusive organisation both internally and in our wider work to support the voluntary sector.
Last summer the trustee board established an EDI sub-committee. This was an important first step in supporting and holding the organisation to account in our EDI work. We are now looking for an independent chair for this committee.
What do we need from you?
• Minimum commitment of six days a year (to chair the EDI committee meetings, occasional ad hoc meetings and meeting preparation)
• To demonstrate an understanding from your own experience of the importance of equity, diversity and inclusion - and how to centre our work on this
• Some experience of leading change and the value of working together with diverse communities to achieve this
• Energy to help steer this work with the staff, trustees and stakeholders
What will you get in return?
• A chance to work with others to explore and build ideas and make change in the voluntary sector
• An opportunity to work with trustees and staff to lead this strategically important area of work
• Although this is not a trustee role, you will get support to understand the role of governance through access to relevant training and resources, as needed
• The opportunity to chair a recently formed EDI sub-committee of NCVO’s board, working with the CEO and newly appointed chair of the board
• Reimbursement of reasonable expenses
How to apply
For further information and to apply, please visit our website via the Apply link.
Deadline for applications is Midday, 3 February 2021.
Interviews will be held on 12 February 2021.
PLEASE NOTE: We strongly recommend that you do not provide your bank account details when applying for a job. If you see a vacancy on Diversity Jobsite requesting bank account details please email email@example.com