Deputy Director, Identity Products
Government Digital ServiceJob of the Week
Salary: Up to £110k - This is a Senior Civil Service Pay Band 1 role. Existing Civil Servants will be appointed in line with the Civil Service pay rules in place on the date of their appointment. External candidates should expect their salary upon appointment to be up to £110k annum (negotiable depending on experience).
Location: London, Bristol, Manchester, Birmingham, York & Glasgow
Closing Date: Sunday 23rd January 2022 at 23:55
Currently people have to enter the same information multiple times when accessing different services from government. So, we’ve made it our mission to build a simple, joined-up and personalised experience of government for everyone. As such we are now looking for a Deputy Director of Identity Products who will help make our ‘One Login’ for Government vision a reality delivering a single sign-on and identity checking system. This is a rare and exciting opportunity to contribute to building critical national infrastructure whilst working with an incredible team and doing work that really matters.
- Provide outstanding leadership to embed an inclusive and healthy workplace culture in which teams can thrive.
- Be accountable for developing, implementing and iterating the product strategy for the One Login programme, including setting and owning key performance indicators.
- Work collaboratively and engage extensively across government to ensure that the One Login programme meets the needs of the citizens and services who will use it, and that departments are fully committed to the solution.
- Ensure that benefits realisation is central to the product roadmap, with a focus on delivering early outcomes.
- Understand and implement lessons learned in the product area.
- Represent your products and your team, and communicate plans and progress through various channels including blogs, demonstrations and conferences.
- Extensive experience of defining a product vision, leading strategy and delivering a suite of high-profile digital products and teams at significant scale and pace across complex organisations.
- Expert ability to inspire, engage with and lead multi-disciplinary teams through the operational process of designing and running a product or service throughout its entire lifecycle.
- Persuasive and influential leader, able to empower their teams and create a culture of inclusivity and well-being and foster an environment that facilitates successful delivery and is obsessive about the end user.
- Proven track record of decomposing difficult problems into actionable missions and objectives for teams to implement pulling on your experience of working across multiple disciplines including service and interaction design, user research, software engineering and data analysis.
- Exceptional interpersonal and influencing skills, with the ability to establish credibility, capable of flexing your stylex to understand and engage with different audiences; building a strong narrative and advocating OneLogins national impact and purpose both internally and externally
- A track record of providing visible leadership in a matrix environment inspiring, motivating and developing others, with proven ability to build supportive and high performing teams as well as a demonstrable commitment to diversity and nurturing a culture of inclusivity.
How to apply
To apply for this role, please submit via https://gds.gatenbysanderson.com/ no later than Sunday 23rd January 2022 at 23:55
- An up to date and relevant CV setting out your career history, with responsibilities and achievements
- A Supporting Statement (no more than 2 pages of A4) that addresses the essential criteria set out in the person specification, using examples to demonstrate how you meet the requirements
Once you have submitted your application, you will receive an automated email to confirm that you have applied. If you do not receive this email, please make contact with GatenbySanderson.
Should you wish to have a confidential conversation with to explore this role before applying please contact Lisa Gobey at email@example.com / 07570 654 500 or Sarah Luxford at firstname.lastname@example.org/ 07812 150 386
PLEASE NOTE: We strongly recommend that you do not provide your bank account details when applying for a job. If you see a vacancy on Diversity Jobsite requesting bank account details please email email@example.com