SSE PlcVisit Site
SSE Plc are a real Living Wage and Fair Tax Mark accredited company and employ 12,000 people across the UK and Ireland.
We believe that greater diversity brings broader debate, which leads to better decisions and ultimately better business delivery.
That’s why we actively seek different views and perspectives from a broad range of people across SSE. We’re serious about promoting inclusion and diversity and have a well-defined strategy to encourage difference coming into, staying on and progressing up within SSE.
We measure our progress against the Equal Approach Return on Inclusion tool and latest results show that we have reached Champion level, demonstrating the success of our strategy and the robustness of the underlying processes that we have put in place.
Our pledges and commitments:
- We are signatories of Powerful Women and exceed the target set by the Hampton Alexander review which has set a 33% target for women on boards of FTSE 350 companies by 2020. As of 1st May 2020, SSE’s board is 36% female
- We're a trailblazer organisation of the Scottish Government's Young Person's Guarantee which aims to secure the opportunity of a job, placement, training or volunteering for every 16-24 year old in Scotland.
- The Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index is the world’s only comprehensive investment-quality data source on gender equality. We’ve featured in this listing since 2018.
- We’re committed participants of the EU skills Inclusion and Diversity Forum working with Inclusion leads from a range of Energy and Utility companies to share best practice and drive increased diversity across the industry as well as forum members of the United Nations Global Compact Inclusion and Diversity Forum
- We're also signatories of Equal by 30, PWC TechSheCan, Social Mobility Pledge, STEM Code and Valuable 500.
We have ambitious plans for the future and need more talented and skilled people to join us on our mission to provide the energy needed today while building a better world of energy for tomorrow. We offer diverse career opportunities across the UK and Ireland, agile working and excellent benefits.
To find out more about working for SSE, visit our dedicated careers site below.Visit Site